Black Bridge BreweryCareers with Black Bridge Brewery
Welcome to our careers section.
Here you can view our current job openings and apply for positions online.
Black Bridge Brewery is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Black Bridge Brewery are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.
Black Bridge Brewery is a family owned and operated 20HL production brewery in Swift Current, Saskatchewan. We have been in operation for close to two years brewing approximately 4 times a week packaging in cans and kegs, as well as seasonal special release beers in bottles.
Please fill out the form below to apply as well upload your resume (PDF or Word document).
Thank you for your interest in working at Black Bridge Brewery.
No phone calls please. Successful applicants will be contacted.
Position: Assistant Brewer
Job Classification: Full-Time, Year-Round
Reports to: Head Brewer
Pay Rate: Hourly, based on experience
Benefits: Available Medical & Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
The Assistant Brewer will perform various tasks to assist in the daily production requirements. Main functions include, but are not limited to, brewhouse, hop inducer and filter operation, general cleaning, tank CIP, post-filtration cleanup, beer transfers, dry hopping, filling pins and firkins, parts and hose maintenance, and additional cellar and brewhouse duties as necessary.
Daily Duties, Functions, Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(Other related duties maybe assigned)
• Daily CIP of fermentation tanks and bright beer tanks
• Work closely with brewing team to achieve desired quality and production targets.
• General cleaning of cellar and brewhouse areas including floors, vessels, piping, etc.
• Periodic handling of hazardous chemicals
• Continually maintain all productions areas including equipment – (mill area, brewhouse, fermentation, filtration, spent grain area, bulk grain and grain storage area, as well as all areas around or leading to brewhouse and cellar)
• Monitor CO2 levels in beer
• Attend production meetings and contribute to product improvement
• Work with other production and non-production departments as assigned and needed to full-fill orders
• Occasional work at beer festivals
• Assist with packaging as needed
• Be courteous and professional to anyone visiting the brewery
Skills and attributes necessary for this position:
• Professional brewing experience OR formal brewing education REQUIRED
• The ability to work well independently and with a team (often in close physical proximity)
• Ability to routinely and repetitively lift 55lbs 60” high – occasionally 138 lbs.
• Ability to work flexible shifts with varying hours, including weekends and holidays.
• Forklift certification is required. (Will Train)
• Must have the ability to get to work on time to keep a production schedule
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be computer literate, and have familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel).
• Ability to identify product deficiencies
• Bottling specialty releases
• Palletizing beer
• Maintaining inventory/preparing orders
• Improving upon existing beers and developing new ones
• A passion for the craft industry
• A desire to help grow the brewing operations
• Working knowledge of yeast management
• Must possess a mechanical aptitude and strong troubleshooting skills
Bonus Skills: Mechanical, electrical and plumbing experience
• 40 hour work week, occasional overtime with the possibility of varying start times to shift.
Black Bridge Brewery is a climate-controlled brewing and packaging facility. The following is a representative list of what a co-worker might encounter during a typical work day:
• Hot water
• Pressurized vessels
• Loud working areas
• Highly alkaline and acidic chemicals
Co-workers regularly handle hazardous materials and regularly come in contact with wet floors while working in close proximity to moving mechanical parts.